Lateral flow testing in Wandsworth
COVID-19 cases are increasing in our borough. It is vital that we get tested to protect ourselves and others before we socialise.
Around 1 in 3 people who have COVID-19 do not have any symptoms and can spread it without knowing. Lateral flow testing is for those people who are not displaying any COVID-19 symptoms and provides rapid results within around 30 minutes.
Assisted lateral flow tests are available at some pharmacies and home self-test kits are available to collect from three libraries and other locations across the borough..
Who can get a test
These free tests are available to everyone.
Twice weekly testing is recommended to everyone accessing the service, especially those who are frontline workers in direct contact with local residents, volunteers, formal/informal carers and others who are not covered by other testing programmes. This includes those in the health and social care, education and transport sectors. Ideally you should book your tests 3 to 4 days apart.
Eligibility for lateral flow testing does not include those requiring a negative COVID-19 test result prior to or after international travel. If you need to do a test to travel, you must use a private test provider. The Government’s page on travel advice during Coronavirus provides some more specific guidance.
If you are experiencing symptoms
Do not book a lateral flow test if you are experiencing symptoms of coronavirus:
- A high temperature
- New, continuous cough
- Loss of, or change to, your sense of taste or smell
If you are experiencing symptoms you should visit GOV.UK to arrange a PCR test.
The collection points at Wandsworth Town Hall and Civic Centre Twickenham are now closed.
Home self-test kits can be collected without an appointment at three local libraries in Wandsworth:
- Battersea Library, 265 Lavender Hill, London SW11 1JB
- Tooting Library, 75 Mitcham Road, London SW17 9PD
- Wandsworth Town Library, 11 Garratt Lane, London SW18 4AQ
You can also collect home self-test kits from some pharmacies and PCR testing sites – use this map to find your nearest location.
If you can’t collect or do a test at a pharmacy, you can also order packs of lateral flow tests online to be sent to your home.
For any queries about the collection of home self-test kits, email email@example.com.
You can book a test at a local pharmacy near to where you live. This service is available for anyone aged 18 years and older who does not have any COVID-19 symptoms.
Appointments must be booked in advance and you can book up to 7 days ahead. Please note you cannot collect lateral flow test kits to use at home from these sites.
Testing is available at the following pharmacies. View a map of pharmacies in Wandsworth
|Aukland Rogers Pharmacy||892 Garratt Lane, SW17 0NB||Monday to Friday 9am to 7pm|
|Aura Pharmacy||78 Inner Park Road, SW19 6DA||Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm, Saturday 9am to 1pm|
|Barkers Chemist||223 Upper Tooting Road, SW17 7TG||Monday to Friday 9am to 7pm, Saturday 9am to 5.30pm|
|Barons Chemist||158a Tooting High Street, SW17 0RT||Monday to Friday 8.45am to 7pm, Saturday 9am to 1pm|
|C Bradbury Chemist||86 Moyser Road, SW16 6SQ||Monday to Friday 9am to 6.30pm (Wednesday closes at 1pm), Saturday 9am to 5.30pm|
|Day Lewis Pharmacy||299-303 Battersea Park Road, SW11 4LX||Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm, Saturday 9am to 2pm|
|Day Lewis Pharmacy||123 Lavender Hill, SW11 5QL||Monday to Friday 9am to 6.30pm, Saturday 9am to 2pm|
|Dumlers Pharmacy||436-438 Garratt Lane, SW18 4HN||Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm, Saturday 9am to 2pm|
|Earlsfield Pharmacy||607-609 Garratt Lane, SW18 4SU||Monday to Friday 9am to 7pm, Saturday 9am to 5pm|
|East Chemist||16 Roehampton High Street, SW15 4HJ||Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm (Wednesday closes at 5pm), Saturday 9am to 4pm|
|Fairoak Pharmacy||270 Mitcham Lane, SW16 6NU||Monday to Friday 9am to 7pm|
|Healthchem||4-5 Station Parade, Balham High Road, SW12 9AZ||Monday to Friday 9am to 7pm, Saturday 9am to 5pm|
|Husbands Pharmacy||124 Upper Richmond Road, SW15 2SP||Monday to Friday 9am to 7pm, Saturday 9am to 6pm|
|Krystal Pharmacy||Battersea Park Road, SW11 3BP||Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm, Saturday 9am to 1pm|
|Lords Pharmacy||98 Tooting High Street, SW17 0RR||Monday to Friday 9am to 7pm, Saturday 9am to 1pm|
|Northcote Pharmacy||130 Northcote Road, SW11 6QZ||Monday to Friday 9am to 7pm, Saturday 9am to 6pm|
|Pearl Chemist||159 Mitcham Road, SW17 9PG||Monday to Friday 9am to 7pm, Saturday 9am to 6.30pm|
|Pharmalite||296 Cavendish Road, SW12 0PL||Monday to Friday 8.45am to 6.45pm, Saturday 9am to 1pm|
|Putney Pharmacy||278 Upper Richmond Road, SW15 6TQ||Monday to Friday 9am to 7pm, Saturday 9am to 2pm|
|Tooting Pharmacy||175 Upper Tooting Road, SW17 7TJ||Monday to Saturday 9.30am to 6.30pm, Sunday 11am to 1pm|
|Wandsworth Pharmacy||96 Garratt Lane, SW18 4DH||Monday to Friday 9am to 8pm|
|WJ Boyes Chemist||61 Balham Hill, SW12 9DR||Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm, Saturday 9am to 2pm|
You will need
To book your appointment, you will need:
- Your details
- Your availability - you can book for up to seven days ahead, and can only book from the next day. Days with available slots will be shown, and available timeslots shown once the date is selected.
What happens next
You will receive a confirmation email with details of your booking and information about what to bring to your appointment.
If you can no longer attend your appointment you must let us know.
Attending your appointment
You must not attend your appointment if you have any symptoms of COVID-19.
You should bring:
- Your ID. You may be asked to show your ID for proof of age. Visit GOV.UK for the full list of acceptable forms of ID
- Face covering
- A smartphone (if you have one)
- Water, if desired
Results will be sent to you via text message and/or email using contact details recorded at the registration or check-in process. The results will be communicated the same day.
- If you receive a negative test result you do not need to self-isolate, unless you are symptomatic or otherwise indicated by the Stay at Home Guidance available on GOV.UK.
- It should be noted that a negative result does not rule out COVID-19 and there can be false negatives. This means you have the infection, but the test has not detected it.
- If you receive a positive test result you must self-isolate immediately and follow the guidance from NHS Test & Trace.
- You will be required to undertake a confirmatory PCR test within 48 hours to make sure the lateral flow test is accurate. Visit GOV.UK to arrange a PCR test or call 119. You should not attend a lateral flow testing site.
- In some situations, your result may come back as invalid. If your test indicates an invalid result you will need to rebook a pharmacy appointment or take another home test.
- If the result is invalid a second time, you may need to be tested using a PCR test. A PCR test can be accessed on GOV.UK or by calling 119.
- If you do not receive your result the same day as your test, call 119. You will need the barcode that was provided to you during the test.
For any general queries relating to pharmacies email firstname.lastname@example.org.