Book a lateral flow test
Lateral flow tests for COVID-19 are available for asymptomatic people living in the borough. You must book an appointment. The testing site is located at the Civic Suite.
Wandsworth High Street
About the tests
Lateral flow tests are designed to detect the presence or absence of coronavirus amongst people who are not experiencing symptoms (asymptomatic). The test cannot tell whether you have had the virus in the past, or if you have recently been exposed to the virus but are not yet infectious.
These tests are safe, inexpensive and do not require a laboratory to process the results
Results are available in approximately 30 minutes.
Before you start
You can only book a test if you are over 16, and a resident of Wandsworth.
If you are NOT a resident of Wandsworth, most London boroughs are offering similar tests for their residents. Please check your council website or see below for some of our neighbouring boroughs.
Do not book a lateral flow test if you are experiencing symptoms of coronavirus:
- A high temperature
- New, continuous cough
- Loss of, or change to, your sense of taste or smell
If you are experiencing symptoms, then you should visit GOV.UK to arrange a PCR test.
You will need
To book your appointment, you will need:
- Your details
- Your availability - you can book for up to five days ahead, and can only book from the next day. Days with available slots will be shown, and available timeslots shown once the date is selected.
What happens next
You will receive a confirmation email with details of your booking and information about what to bring to your appointment.
If you can no longer attend your appointment you must let us know.
Attending your appointment
You must arrive on time. If you are late you may not be able to take your test.
You must not attend your appointment if you have any symptoms of COVID-19.
You should bring:
- Your ID. This should show your name, age and address. View the list of acceptable forms of ID on GOV.UK
- A face covering
- A smartphone (if you have one)
- Water, if desired, as we cannot provide this at the test site
What happens at the test site
On arrival, you should report to the reception desk.
- You will be asked to give your name, confirm you have booked an appointment, and show your proof of identification
- Using your smartphone, you will be asked to scan a QR code that will take you to a GOV.UK registration site. If you do not have a smartphone, one will be provided.
- You will be directed to a sample collection booth and given a sealed sterile swab
- Before you commence your swab, a test assistant will explain the process to you
- You will swab the back of your throat and one nostril. This may be uncomfortable but not painful
- Once you have taken your test you can leave
- Your test will then be processed and the results sent to you
Results will be sent to you via text message and/or email using contact details recorded at the registration or check-in process. The results will be communicated on the same day.
If you receive a negative test result you do not need to self-isolate, unless you are symptomatic or otherwise indicated by the Stay at Home Guidance available on GOV.UK.
It should be noted that a negative result does not rule out COVID-19 and there can be false negatives. This means you have the infection, but the test hasn’t detected it.
If you receive a positive test result you must self-isolate immediately and follow the guidance from NHS Test & Trace. You will be required to undertake a confirmatory PCR test to make sure the lateral flow test is accurate.
This can be done by ordering a home testing kit, or by booking a slot via GOV.UK. You should not attend the lateral flow testing site, as you will need to access a different type of test.
In some situations, your result may come back as invalid. If your test indicates an invalid result you will need to rebook, and be retested at the lateral flow test site.
If the result is invalid a second time, you may need to be tested using a PCR test. A PCR test can be accessed by ordering a home testing kit, or by booking a slot via GOV.UK.
Use of your data
View our privacy notice to find out how we may use your information to protect and assist you, and others, during the outbreak.
If you have any queries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.