Breastfeeding, weaning, vitamins and allergies
Sign up to Start4Life for help and advice during pregnancy, birth and parenthood.
Breastfeeding advice and support
- THRIVE Online has advice about breastfeeding, telephone helplines, local support groups and links to other useful websites
- Contact your local children's centre, or speak to your health visitor for further advice and support
Information about how to start weaning your baby:
- Thrive Online has information about weaning and many other topics for you and your baby
- Complementary feeding (Start4Life) has tips on introducing solid foods
- The Infant and Toddler Forum has further advice on weaning
How to tell if a child has an allergy
If you are concerned that your child may have a food allergy, speak to your GP and discuss your options, such as referral to a Dietitian. You can find out more about food allergies and common symptoms on the NHS Choices website.
Information about vitamin supplements: