#MyWandsworth is our new campaign to keep your borough clean and tidy.
- Get involved: take pride in Wandsworth
- MyWandsworth poster competition
- Report fly-tipping
- Clear your rubbish in the right way
Our street cleaners, road sweepers, rubbish collectors and enforcement officers work 24/7 to make sure your neighbourhoods are clean and litter free:
- More than £4.3 million a year is spent on cleaning your streets
- Our busy town centres are cleaned up to five times-a-day
- We clean more than 400km of streets every week.
But this isn’t enough, an inconsiderate minority think they can get away with spoiling our borough. They can’t. Our enforcement teams crack down hard on people who fly-tip and litter our borough.
More than 8,900 fines were issued between April 2017 to November 2018 for fly-tipping and littering offences.
In tandem with enforcement action, we want to send a clear message to litter louts that what they do is unacceptable by celebrating what’s best about Wandsworth.
The vast majority of us take great pride in the local area, we want to harness that pride and use it to our advantage!
Get involved: take pride in Wandsworth
To show your support for the campaign and take pride in Wandsworth, here are just a few of the ways you can get involved:
We are calling on all primary-aged school children, between the ages of 4 and 11, to design a poster to show their favourite part of the borough, somewhere they are really proud of.
Change your profile picture on Facebook and Twitter
Use the #MyWandsworth twibbon to show your pride in Wandsworth.
Get involved in a community clean-up
If you’ve not experienced a plog, then join us in the new year for a community clean-up with a difference, and get fit at the same time! Visit the Plogolution website to find out more.
Share your #MyWandsworth stories
Share photos, videos and stories on the work you’re doing to keep your neighbourhood green and tidy! Use the hashtag #MyWandsworth.
If you see someone dumping rubbish, let us know, in confidence and our enforcement team will investigate. You can also let us know about any fly-tips that need clearing:
As part of the #MyWandsworth campaign, we are highlighting the correct ways to dispose of waste; what’s legal and your responsibilities as a resident or business. Here’s what you need to know:
- Put your rubbish out correctly to reduce the risk of missed bin collections
- Make sure you know your rubbish collection day
- If you have large items, book a bulky waste collection or visit the household waste recycling centre
- Make sure you use a licensed waste removal company and avoid unlicensed cowboys who fly-tip illegally
- Businesses can find out more about how to clear their rubbish at our business waste page
If you have any questions about the campaign, and how you can get involved, please email email@example.com