Take your food business to the next level
Published: Tuesday, February 5, 2019
If you want to start or grow a food or drink business in Wandsworth you can get free help and advice at Wandsworth Enterprise month.
The council’s annual business support event has been extended and now features a whole month of talks, 1-1 advice sessions, panel discussions, networking opportunities, workshops and more.
The programme also includes dedicated support to help local food businesses network, find sources of funding and gain valuable insight from leading industry experts.
- A meet-the-mentor networking event where you can meet food professionals specialising in law, branding, PR, distribution and more
- A masterclass on how to scale up your food business including improving your business plan and understanding your supply chain
- How to get media coverage for your business on a budget
- sessions on scaling up your business, cashflow management, branding and social media
- Tours of New Covent Garden Market
There are also a number of other events aimed at all business sectors, including dedicated help for young entrepreneurs and female entrepreneurs.
Network with other entrepreneurs
Wandsworth Enterprise Month is organised by the council’s Economic Development Office, which provides advice and support to the borough’s business sector.
Wandsworth’s business spokesman Cllr Rory O’Broin said “Wandsworth has a thriving food and drink sector, including lots of restaurants, bars and food manufacturing businesses. It can be a challenging sector, though, so we’re keen to ensure small businesses and start-ups can benefit from the experience of industry leaders.”
Wandsworth Enterprise Month takes place between March 4-29 at venues across the borough and the majority of events are free. Numbers are limited so must be booked in advance. Priority will be given to Wandsworth businesses and residents.