Share your experiences of health and care during Coronavirus
Published: Wednesday, July 1, 2020
Healthwatch Wandsworth wants to know you have been affected by changes to health and social care during the Coronavirus pandemic
The Independent health and social care champion for people in Wandsworth is asking people to take part in two surveys.
1. Digital and telephone appointments
GP practices and other health and care services now offer more appointments that do not need you to visit them in person. This includes email contact, apps, telephone and video appointments. Healthwatch want to know how the experience has been for you.
Take part in the digital and telephone appointment survey in three ways:
- Talk to Healthwatch Wandsworth on the phone – call or email Healthwatch to make an individual appointment
- Complete an online survey (alternatively Healthwatch can post it to you)
- Book to attend an online/telephone focus group on July 10
2. How the Coronavirus pandemic affected health care for you and your family
This separate survey wants to hear your experiences of how the Coronavirus pandemic may have affected your health and social care during lockdown more generally.
You can respond online, or call Healthwatch Wandsworth to send you a copy of the survey.
Healthwatch want to hear from all sections of the community and as many people as possible, including people from Black, Asian, and Minority Ethnic communities that have been disproportionately affected by the virus.
Cabinet member for health and social care Melanie Hampton said: “The pandemic has given us the opportunity to deliver services in a different way and we will take forward the improved working practices to continue to improve our service to residents.”
Healthwatch Wandsworth is commissioned by the council but is a completely independent organisation. They share the views of the public on health and social care with the decision-making organisations such as the council and local health service.
To contact Healthwatch:
- Call: 020 8516 7767 between 10am – 4pm Monday to Friday
- Email: email@example.com
- Write to: Healthwatch Wandsworth, 3rd Floor Trident Business Centre, 89 Bickersteth Road, Tooting, SW17 9SH.