Caught on Camera is back – help us catch fly-tippers
Published: Monday, August 23, 2021
No one likes a fly-tipper, which is why Wandsworth Council is re-launching its CCTV appeal - back by popular demand - to catch litter louts in the act.
Email email@example.com or call 020 8871 8558 if you recognise anyone in the video of people dumping rubbish on Thrale Road, in Tooting. Help us clamp down on fly-tip offenders.
Most people do the right thing with their rubbish and litter, but the irresponsible few think that it’s ok to dump it illegally.
Litter blights our streets, parks and town centres. It’s not acceptable, and residents have told us that tackling this is a key priority for them.
To address this head-on, the council is clamping down on those who think they can get away with this illegal behaviour.
“Caught on Camera” has returned to Thrale Road in Tooting, where some residents think they can get away with dumping a sofa, a mattress and a table – on the street!
Councillor Steffi Sutters, environment spokesman said,
“You asked us to bring Caught on Camera back, so we have re-launched it, as there really is no excuse for dumping rubbish illegally. We take a zero-tolerance approach to fly-tipping, and we need your help to clamp down on those who ruin it for everyone else.
“So please get in touch if you recognise anyone in one of our “Caught On Camera” videos, so we can investigate and help keep our borough looking clean, tidy and at its best.”
Report fly-tip offenders
Remember you don’t need to see the videos to report fly-tip offenders. You can also report an incident by telling us what you saw or sending a picture in.
- The circumstances, e.g. if you saw the fly-tipping, the date and time it took place and a description of any vehicles involved, plus registration number.
- Take a picture of the incident, making sure you don’t put yourself or others at risk to do this.
- Location: side of the road, back alleyway, railway embankment, in a river, and whether it was on private or council land.
- The amount and type of waste, eg a few bags of rubbish, a fridge, a sofa.
Get in touch by email firstname.lastname@example.org
Putting your rubbish out
You can also help by putting your rubbish out correctly,
- Put your rubbish out correctly to reduce the risk of missed bin collections, and don’t pay cowboys to take away your rubbish.
- Find out what you can and can't recycle. To check specific items, use the A-Z recycling tool
- Make sure you know your rubbish collection day.
- If you have any large items, book a bulky waste collection or visit the household waste recycling centre.
- ReWork: repair, sell or fix items reuse workshop
- Donate unwanted items via charity shops
- Donate, sell, giveaway, plus find and buy items online. Wandsworth Freegle: giveaway or find items for free, Gumtree sell or buy items, Facebook marketplace sell or buy items
- Make sure you use a licensed waste removal company and avoid unlicensed cowboys who fly-tip illegally.
- Businesses can find out more about how to clear their rubbish on our business waste page.
If you have any questions about the campaign, and how you can get involved, please email email@example.com