Make a nomination for the Wandsworth Design Awards
We have launched the 2019 Wandsworth Design Awards to find the borough’s best-designed buildings and landscapes. The awards, now in their 11th year, reward high-quality design in the borough.
The competition incorporates the Wandsworth Access Awards which aims to encourage architects and builders to come up with innovative, intelligent and inclusive designs that fully meet the needs of people with disabilities.
How to nominate
The aim of the competition is to recognise and promote new buildings and landscape projects that demonstrate excellence in sustainable design and construction and make a positive contribution to their local area.
Local community groups, residents, businesses and people working in the borough are all encouraged to nominate schemes they consider of high quality. All projects must have been completed between 1 January 2017 and 30 September 2019 to be eligible for consideration.
Types of nomination
Nominations can be made for all types of development, including:
- Access to buildings – promoting improved provision for people with disabilities
- Green buildings (buildings demonstrating excellence in sustainable design and construction)
- Residential extensions (including loft extensions)
- Restoration/conversion projects (including schemes which introduce new uses to older buildings)
- Single residential buildings
- Large residential and mixed use projects
- Non-residential buildings
- Shopfronts (new or restored)
- Public spaces
- Landscape projects - public and private
- Front gardens
Nominations must be submitted by Monday 30 September 2019.
Selecting the winners
The winners will be selected by a panel of judges comprising councillors, including the borough’s design and heritage champions, local architects, artists and designers, representatives of the Wandsworth Design Review Panel, local amenity societies and the Wandsworth Access Association.
The judging will take place in early 2020 and the winners announced at the awards ceremony in spring 2020.