Supplementary Planning Documents and Guidance
The Council has prepared a number of Supplementary Planning Documents (SPDs), which are non-statutory documents that provide further guidance on how policies or proposals set out in the adopted Local Plan Documents will be implemented. SPDs replaced what was known as Supplementary Planning Guidance (SPGs) in 2004, however the Council's adopted SPGs remain material considerations in planning decisions.
Consultation on the Planning Obligations SPD 2020
We are holding a public consultation on the Council’s draft Planning Obligations SPD from Friday 31 January to Friday 28 February 2020.
- Housing SPD (adopted November 2016)
- Historic Environment SPD (adopted November 2016)
- Lombard Road/York Road Riverside Focal Point SPD (adopted December 2015)
- Roehampton SPD (adopted October 2015)
- Planning Obligations SPD (adopted March 2015)
- We have produced guidance on the use of Arts and Culture Provision in the Lombard Road/York Road Riverside Focal Point Area. The guidance compliments and supports existing policy. It further develops policy set out in the Lombard Road/York Road Riverside Focal Point SPD 2015 (Focal Point SPD) and the Wandsworth’s Planning Obligations SPD.
- Town Centre Uses SPD (adopted March 2015)
- Refuse and Recyclables SPD (adopted February 2014)
- Local Views SPD (adopted February 2014)
Supplementary Planning Guidance
The council has produced a Population Yield Calculator which can be used by developers to assess the number of residents expected to result from proposed new development. This assists in the negotiation of planning obligations.
The council has also provided further non-legal guidance on planning and other matters relating to basement extensions, which refers to the guidance given in the Housing SPD. The Planning Portal website provides the most up-to-date information on permitted development rights including an interactive householder guide.