Our Lady of Victories and Hotham Primary School Street
What is a School Street?
A School Street is designed to reduce the number of vehicles around the school, providing a safer environment for children travelling to and from school.
The council believes that the School Street would:
- Reduce congestion and vehicles travelling through the School Street
- Reduce pollution around the school entrance with fewer engines idling
- Encourage more walking, cycling and active journeys from pupils and parents/carers
- Result in less anti-social behaviour from inconsiderate parking and dangerous manoeuvres
- Create a calmer, safer and cleaner environment
We have received complaints regarding inconsiderate parking and safety at school opening and closing times from both parents and residents.
What are the changes introduced?
A School Street will operate from 6 July 2020 on Charlwood Road between Lacy Road and Clarendon Drive and Clarendon Drive between Gamlen Road and Charlwood Road.
The hours of operation are as follows: Monday to Friday 8:20 to 9.10am and 2.45 to 3.45pm, term time only.
- Signs will warn drivers of the days and times when the School Street is enforced
- Residents who live within the School Street zone, blue badge holders, emergency vehicles and carers are allowed vehicular access at all times.
- There will be no changes to parking bays
- As a short term measure cones and retractable barriers may be used
- Due to the current circumstances, deliveries will be permitted to residential properties at any time. Where possible we are asking residents to schedule deliveries outside the School Street hours of operation
Please visit the consultation page to make comments on the proposals. These pages will go live on the implementation dates for each school and residents in the local area will receive a notification leading up to the consultation dates.