What bulky and DIY items we can collect
Please note that due to essential maintenance there will be intermittent disruption to Touchtone (automated telephone line) payments between midday and 7pm on Sunday, 8 December. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.
The Bulky Waste Collection Service is for items that are only suitable for disposal.
There are charges attached to this service.
However, if someone else might want your items, you can:
- Sell them (for example using Gumtree)
- Give them away (for example using Freegle)
- Use a free charity collection service (for example the British Heart Foundation)
What we do collect
Items collected by The Bulky Waste Collection Service:
- Items of household waste that are too big for the bin
- Household garden waste in excess of five bags per week.
- DIY waste
What we don't collect
Items that cannot be collected by The Bulky Waste Collection Service:
- Anything that cannot be lifted safely by two people e.g. sofa beds. If you may need such items collected, break them down into pieces that can be safely lifted beforehand
- Bricks, soil, rubble or stones (small amounts can be delivered to the household waste and recycling centre in Smugglers Way)
- Paint (see household chemicals)
- Rubbish produced by workmen employed in your home
- Car batteries, engines or other parts
Find out how you can dispose of other items
Use our A-Z of recycling tool.