Join the Voter Registration Team
Every year we recruit a number of Voter Registration Team canvassers to assist the Electoral Registration Officer with producing a new electoral register, which is published on 1 December. Canvassers carry out house-to-house visits to deliver forms and later collect elector information via a tablet for the compilation of the new register.
- Each canvasser will hand deliver a Household Enquiry Form to each residential property in their allocated canvass area from 18 to 23 July
- Then, in September canvassers are tasked with visiting non-responding properties to explain, assist and encourage residents to provide the information required using a tablet provided by us or by collecting the form previously delivered
About the role
Canvassers are required to complete the canvassing activity within a set time-frame. During the four-week visit stage, canvassers will be expected to make at least three calls at non-responding properties, at different times to maximise the chance of catching the residents when they are at home. This is generally done in the evenings and at weekends. Canvassers are required to work in their own time. Canvassers will be provided with a tablet and other equipment to enable them to undertake this work.
Canvassers should provide assistance to residents in completing the information required, where necessary.
Canvassers are required to:
- Have good communication skills and the ability to relate to people
- Have the ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines
- Be self-motivated, organised and determined
- Be professional and politically neutral
- Have awareness of and sensitivity to cultural diversity
All canvassers will be required to attend a training session prior to the start of the canvass at Wandsworth Town Hall.
Payment is based on performance. View the payment scheme.
How to apply
If you are interested in joining our dedicated and professional team of canvassers, please apply online.
If you would like an informal chat about the role, please call Electoral Services on 020 8871 6025.