Benefit advice

Customer notice

If you are struggling to pay your rent, please let us know by contacting your Rent Collection Officer. We would like to help if possible and may be able to refer you for further assistance.

Make sure you're receiving the benefits you should be

You can use the free benefit calculator to find which benefit you might be entitled to.

Crisis assistance

These are schemes that assist the most vulnerable Wandsworth residents who are experiencing hardship.

Find more details and how to apply for crisis assistance

Community Care Grant

The Community Care Grant provides support by a way of furniture (for example beds) and white goods (fridges etc.). 

Benefits of downsizing your Council Home

If you are under-occupying your home there are a range of incentives to help you move to a smaller home

Discretionary Housing Payments (DHP)

Discretionary Housing Payments (DHPs) are for people receiving Housing Benefit or Universal Credit, including a housing element, who require further financial assistance with housing costs because their benefit does not cover their full rent.