More help for domestic abuse victims
This White Ribbon Day, Wandsworth Council announces:
- An increase in domestic abuse staff to ensure survivors get the help they need, when they need it.
- Renewed commitment to act on a pledge to make Wandsworth safe for women and girls
New Commission to support Cost of Living response
As part of its commitment to help residents through the Cost of Living crisis, Wandsworth Council has set up an independent Cost of Living Commission
Food up 14 per cent and £5,000 extra on your mortgage: How the Cost of Living crisis has hit Wandsworth
Rising food, fuel, energy and mortgage costs are just some of the reasons why the council’s Cost of Living support is so vitally needed for residents, new figures have revealed.
Children enjoying safer journeys to and from school thanks to latest School Streets roll-out
Thousands more children in Wandsworth are set to enjoy safer journeys to and from school with a major expansion of the council's network of School Streets.
Check your risk of developing diabetes
In Wandsworth 23,000 residents in Wandsworth are estimated to be living with diabetes – many without realising it. Many others are at high risk of developing Type 2 diabetes.
Wandsworth Warm Spaces offer sanctuary as cost-of-living crisis bites
- Local people offered sanctuary from cold as fuel bills soar
- Libraries and community spaces offer warm welcome to those in need
- Hot drinks, food and range of activities to support families
- For children under 5 and their families, children’s centres will be available
- Interactive map shows your nearest warm space
Hear about the “life-changing” work of our Occupational Therapy team
Wandsworth Council is supporting Occupational Therapy Week by raising awareness of the vital work that all our Occupational Therapists do.