Order a copy of a marriage or civil partnership certificate

Customer notice

COVID-19: Further to Government announcements on the easing of lockdown restrictions, some services have now resumed on limited basis. Please go to the individual service webpage for further details.

Admission to the office is by appointment only. Customers without an appointment will not be admitted and should not travel to the office. Please contact us via email or telephone.

How to order a copy of a marriage or civil partnership certificate

You can order a copy of a marriage or civil partnership certificate online, in person or by writing to us.

If you would like to order a marriage certificate you need to provide the following information about the entry:

  • Full name of bride(s)
  • Full name of groom(s)
  • Date of marriage
  • Place of marriage


You can order a copy of a marriage or civil partnership certificate by submitting our online form.

Start order

Order your certificate by post or in person

Complete the application form to order a copy of a marriage or civil partnership certificate in person, or by post.

If you order your certificate by post, you should send the:

  • Completed application form
  • Your payment by cheque or postal order payable to 'Wandsworth Borough Council'


Wandsworth Register Office
Town Hall
Wandsworth High Street
SW18 2PU

If you order it in person, you should bring:

  • Completed application form
  • Payment by credit/debit card or cash

To the Register Office reception at the address above.


  • £11 (standard service – produced within 15 working days)
  • £35 (priority service – produced by the next working day if ordered before 3pm)

Your certificate can be collected from our office or posted to you.

  • £2 (Signed For – 1st Class post)*
  • £7 (Special Delivery Guaranteed/Overseas)      

*Please ensure that there is someone at the address who can take delivery of your certificate as it must be signed for. Overseas postage must be paid for certificates sent outside the UK.

Civil partnership outside of Wandsworth

If the civil partnership was not in Wandsworth, you can:

If you are missing some details

All records of civil partnerships which took place in England and Wales will be held at the General Register Office (GRO). The GRO is able to carry out a much wider search in cases where details are not known. You can order a certificate online or at 0300 123 1837.