Together on climate change
The Council has declared a climate emergency and set targets of becoming a carbon-neutral organisation by 2030 and zero-carbon by 2050.
We want Wandsworth to be the greenest inner London borough. Taking action on climate change will not only improve the daily lives of our community but will help preserve our borough for generations to come.
To reach these ambitious targets, Wandsworth Council has detailed a strategy outlining actions that will help tackle climate change in our borough.
The 7 themes of Wandsworth's Environment and Sustainability Strategy:
- Sustainable Transport
- Air Quality
- Energy Management
- Urban Greening and Open Spaces
- Waste Management
- Water Management and Flooding Resilience
- Planning and Sustainable Development
Our action plan
Wandsworth Council has committed to lead the way, but we cannot do this alone. Change will require collaboration and commitment across the borough.
Check out our ‘Together on Climate Change’ YouTube playlist.
Climate action campaigns
Keep up to date with the latest news by signing up to our climate change newsletter.
Latest blog posts:
- My green hero - Zaqiya of SwopItUp
- My green heroes - Michelle Parkes and Dermont Kavanagh of Plogolution
- Wandsworth Climate Summit 2020 announced
- Action for climate change in Wandsworth
- Heathrow expansion plans undermine efforts to tackle climate change
- Climate Change Meets Smart Growth
- Climate change strategy accelerates ahead
- Wandsworth Council announces £20m Climate Change investment
- Climate change action plan gets the green light
- Councils tell Government to review Heathrow expansion following climate change developments
- Young people make themselves heard at Climate Commission