About the Community Safety Partnership
The Wandsworth Community Safety Partnership (CSP) brings together local authorities and organisations to prevent and reduce crime in our Borough. The main objective of the partnership is to make Wandsworth a safe place to live, work, learn and visit – for all.
The Crime and Disorder Act 1998 places a responsibility on the Police and the Council to work together alongside other key partners to prevent crime and reduce reoffending in their areas.
The Community Safety Partnership has joined with the Youth Offending Board to form the Community Safety and Youth Offending Partnership Board (CSYOPB).
We work in partnership with local police, probation, health authority, Registered Social Landlords, voluntary sector, local residents and businesses under the umbrella of the CSYOPB.
Members of the Community Safety Partnership and Youth Offending Partnership Board
The partners work together and cooperate with a number of other local public and private sector organisations to ensure Wandsworth is a safe place to live, work and visit. Our Community Safety Partnership (CSP) is made up of representatives of the following partners:
- Wandsworth Borough Council
- Metropolitan Police
- Mayor's Office for Policing and Crime
- Wandsworth Clinical Commissioning Group
- London Fire Brigade
- London and Thames Valley Community Rehabilitation Company
- National Probation Service (NPS) London
- Youth Offending Team (YOT)
Community Safety strategy
The partnership decides on local priorities for tackling crime and antisocial behaviour in Wandsworth and develops plans and strategies in response.
We are working together to achieve our key priorities:
- Creating safer neighbourhoods
- Reducing adult offending and adult re-offending
- Tackling violence against women and girls (VAWG)
- Keeping children and young people safe
- Tackling hate crime, radicalisation and extremism
The CSYOPB has a strategy board made up of senior officers from each of the partners, which meets on a quarterly basis, to review and monitor the performance of the Partnership against the current strategy.