Injunction or occupation order

If you need to exit this page quickly, click on an Exit page link to be taken to the BBC website's weather pages. These links are spread throughout this page.

Non-molestation orders and occupation orders are designed to prevent the abuser from assaulting or harassing you and can also prevent them from entering your home.

Non-molestation Orders

If someone is hurting or threatening you, you can ask the court to make a non-molestation order (a type of injunction) ordering them to leave you alone and they can be arrested if they fail to comply with the order.

Occupation Orders

You can ask the court to make an occupation order (a type of injunction) ordering that you can live in your home and excluding the person who is hurting or threatening you from your home and surrounding areas.

Exit page 

Make an application

It is advisable to seek legal advice before making an application, although you can make your own application at the courts. You can get help and advice to obtain court orders from:

  • Wandsworth Safety Net: 020 8767 1641
  • National Centre for Domestic Violence Freephone: 0870 922 0704

Non-molestation Orders and Occupation Orders can be obtained from:

Wandsworth County Court
76-78 Upper Richmond Road
SW15 2SU

  • Telephone: 020 8333 4351
  • There is a cost for this service

Wimbledon Magistrates Court
The Court House
Alexandra Road
SW19 7JP

  • Telephone: 020 8946 8622
  • Free service open Tuesday and Thursday 10am to 4pm.

Exit page 

Transferring ownership or tenancy of a property

Once you have obtained an occupation order, you may be able to ask the court to transfer the ownership or tenancy of your home to your name only. You will need to seek legal advice about this by contacting a solicitor or law centre.