Council tax freeze, better services for all
Wandsworth Council is freezing your council tax this year, to help in the Cost of Living crisis.
As Leader of the Council, I’m pleased to say that residents in Wandsworth will pay the lowest average council tax in the country. Freezing the main element of council tax is a key part of our plan to deliver a fairer, compassionate, more sustainable borough.
We will charge the same low council tax and deliver better services for all. Alongside a freeze in council tax, we will:
- Provide free monthly mega skips, guarantee to keep your weekly bin collection and
expand our food waste collection pilot.
- Deliver 1,000 new council homes, plus introduce landlord licensing to protect private renters.
- Work with residents to support 800 Ukrainian refugees fleeing the war.
Wandsworth Council has launched the biggest cost of living response in London, with a £5 million fund to help residents with soaring bills. This work includes:
- Free school uniforms for hard-pressed families, activities for young people and meals for
children in the school holidays.
- Free swimming and gym sessions for families who receive universal credit or free school meals.
- Libraries and children’s centres became welcoming Warm Spaces over the winter months.
There will be an increase of 2 per cent in the social care levy, to support the NHS and care for our most vulnerable residents.
Wandsworth is a fantastic place to live. Our strong, diverse communities represent the best of modern Britain. Our plan will help keep Wandsworth special and make sure all residents can share the fantastic opportunities our borough provides.
Find out more about council tax in Wandsworth