About mental health
Being mentally healthy is about being happy, being able to enjoy work, relationships as well as being able to cope in difficult and stressful situations.
Mental health is important to us all. It affects all aspects of our lives - how we think, feel and behave. It affects our capacity to communicate with others, to form meaningful relationships and to survive adversity.
Good mental health is not just the absence of mental illness.
There are five ways to improve your well being (from the NHS Choices website):
- Connect for mental wellbeing
- Get active for mental wellbeing
- Learn for mental wellbeing
- Give for mental wellbeing
- Awareness for mental wellbeing