Mental Health Floating Support - Housing
Since November 2020, Mind in Brent, Wandsworth and Westminster has been providing the new Floating Support Service for the borough. This includes the existing service provided for low support in the borough in conjunction with Optivo and London and Quadrant Housing Associations.
The service will provide support that enables service users to maintain their tenancy and to eventually live independently in the community. Here are some examples of the support offered:
- Support to develop daily living skills such as budgeting, cooking, cleaning, and using public transport
- Support to use local services such as the Post Office, leisure centres, community centres, and accompanying you to doctors appointments
- Helping you to acquire money skills to enable you to pay your bills, and to budget efficiently
- Aiding you with understanding your bills, benefits, rent and other payments, and access to benefits advice
- Assisting you with making maintenance requests and in some cases making health and safety checks
If you wish to be considered for the service you will need to be assessed by the Specialist Housing Accommodation Project.
For more information please contact Dayo Balogun:
Telephone: 020 7259 8135