Biograph Cinema - Green Plaque site
About Biograph Cinema - Green Plaque site
The building was built in 1890 as the Assembly Room to the Spread Eagle pub.
From 1908 it was operating as a cinema and became the Biograph Cinema. It was subsequently known as the Picture Palace, the Picture Palladium and the Court Cinema before moving out of cinema use.
Records do not tell us what was showing when it opened but it did show "Life on the Oxo Cattle Farms" in 1911 and a film of the Titanic at a benefit for victims and survivors in 1912.
Location: 5 Garratt Lane, SW18
Unveiled: 27 May 2010
Send details of a suggestion for a Green Plaque to the panel.