About the Wandsworth Grant Fund
Established in April 2015, the Wandsworth Grant Fund (WGF) provides all small grants (£500 to £10,000) for community and voluntary sector organisations in the borough to undertake activities for up to 12 months.
What we support
We aim to support projects under six themes:
- Arts and culture
- Environment and attractive neighbourhoods
- Children and young people
- Citizenship and civic engagement
- Achieving aspirations and potential
- Health and wellbeing
- Recovering from the impact of COVID-19
Dates for applications
There are three application deadlines during the year, with awards being announced around three months later. Projects should not begin before awards are announced and can last for up to 12 months.
Projects can only be funded if their start date is after the date awards are announced and they are able to proceed within three months of any offer being made. The awards are for a maximum of 12 months.
|Round||Application deadline||Grant Sub-committee meeting||Executive Committee meeting for final approval|
|23||Monday 3 April 2023||Thursday 8 June 2023||Monday 19 June 2023|
|24||Monday 31 July 2023||Tuesday 3 October 2023||Monday 9 October 2023|
|25||Monday 4 December 2023||Monday 5 February 2023||To be confirmed|
Meet the Funder events
Meet the Funder events will be held on:
- Monday 13 March 2023, from 12noon to 1pm
- Wednesday 22 March 2023, from 11am to 12noon
- Tuesday 28 March 2023 from 2 to 3pm
Guidance notes and application form
Before completing the application form, please ensure you read the 2022 guidance notes and the eligibility criteria test.
The second half of the guidance notes provide further advice to help you answer each question, so please do look at these if you are unsure of how to answer any question.
Support for applicants
Council Officers are available to provide advice to applicants with a clear activity in mind after you have read the application pack. You can email any of the Specialist Officers detailed in the guidance notes or contact the Grant Officer with general enquiries. Online or phone appointments can be made with the Officers subject to other commitments.
Supporting you with an application
Before you complete your application form, we encourage all prospective applicants to discuss their application with the Thematic Lead Officers within the Council, who can talk through your ideas and provide extra guidance and support to strengthen your application. Please note that Officers are not able to review any draft applications but can give advice any answer questions you may have.
For a telephone appointment, it is recommended that you email the relevant officer with your query and book a date and time to discuss your project.
For all general enquiries, please contact Bruce Murdoch, Senior Grants Development Officer:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 0208 871 6203
Arts and culture
- Sara O'Donnell - email@example.com
Environment and attractive neighbourhoods
- Megan Hermes - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Grace Labeodan Grace.email@example.com
- Tom Newman - firstname.lastname@example.org
Children aged 0-5 years
- Siobhan English - email@example.com
- Matt Hutt - firstname.lastname@example.org
Young people 6 to 18 years – or up to 25 years for those with a disability
- Marsha Forde - email@example.com
Citizenship and civic engagement
- Harriet Steele - firstname.lastname@example.org
Raising aspiration and potential
- Andrew Harland - email@example.com
- Roger Mullings - firstname.lastname@example.org
Health and wellbeing
- Paul Banks - email@example.com
- Tony May - firstname.lastname@example.org
Recovering from the impact of COVID-19
- Bruce Murdoch - email@example.com
If you have a question regarding applications, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wandsworth Grant Fund resources
- Resources to help you fill out an application
- Resources for WGF recipients
- Emergency Grant Process
- Other funding opportunities
Find details of approved Wandsworth Grant Fund projects.
Sign up for our newsletters
Keep up to date with the latest news from the Council. Sign up to our newsletters now.