Draft Night Time Strategy is complete – now tell us what you think
The first draft of the new Night Time Strategy for Wandsworth is complete, and people who live, work and visit the borough are invited to comment on it.
New staff to support council tenants
Wandsworth Council tenants and leaseholders are set to benefit from expanded local area housing teams, which will allow council staff to spend more time working with residents.
- 30,000 homes across the borough are managed by four area housing teams.
- 12 additional staff will help the council to provide an improved service to residents.
Wandsworth Council’s free jobs service notches up 10 years of success
Thousands of Wandsworth residents have now found work and career training with local employers, thanks to our dedicated jobs service which maximises employment for local people.
How to own your own home
The council’s Home Ownership team will be holding an online web chat on Mar 30th with information and advice on schemes to specifically help Wandsworth council tenants get on the housing ladder.
Dog owner fined over £1,700 for breaching housing estate bylaws in Roehampton
- Court case follows multiple breaches of housing estate bylaws
- Bylaws designed to prevent anti-social behaviour
- Magistrates impose heavy fine with costs
Calling enterprising women
The ninth annual Women’s Enterprise Day is on 29 March at the Thames Rowing Club, Putney Embankment.
Celebrating Wandsworth’s brilliant women
Some of the borough’s most influential women got together this week to discuss and celebrate International Women’s Day.
Wandsworth Council leader welcomes new neighbours Apple to Battersea home
- Simon Hogg visits new offices to make community connections
- Global tech giant chooses Wandsworth for new London base
- Council and Apple start fruitful partnership for education, environment and growth.
Celebrating the achievements of our local sporting stars
- Sporting awards celebrates 25th anniversary
- Awards presented in ten categories
- Athletes, coaches, clubs & volunteers recognised for supporting grassroots sports
Consultation launched into extending bus service from Balham to the Springfield Hospital site
- Bus chiefs plan extension to route 315
- Plans welcomed by Wandsworth’s cabinet member
- Part of TfL’s plans for ULEZ expansion
Revised bus route provides public transport boost for thousands more residents
- Bus route will extend to Riverside Quarter
- New service begins March 25
- New route serves thousands of residents
Exciting new toddlers and under 8s water play feature opens at Latchmere Leisure Centre
- New interactive play feature unveiled
- Brightly coloured play equipment offers fun activities
- Encourages learning and water confidence in younger children
Latest tweetsTweets by @wandbc