Mega Skip Day coming soon
Published: Wednesday, January 18, 2023
The next Mega Skip Day will be on Saturday January 28, and this time there are eight locations around the borough.
Mega Skip Days are held every month as part of council efforts to deter flytipping. Usually there is a charge for bulky waste collections, but you can take up to six items along to the mega skip nearest to you for free, including some electrical equipment and household items like mattresses and sofas.
Cllr Judi Gasser, cabinet member for the environment, said: “We know residents appreciate the opportunity to put their bulky waste in megaskips, which is why we have made Mega Skip Day monthly. We are putting the skips in different locations around the borough each month. If you know an area that would benefit from one, email me at Cllr.J.Gasser@wandsworth.gov.uk.”
Mega Skip Day
When: Saturday January 28, 9am-12pm
Where: Skips will be placed at the following locations. As we expect high demand on the day, we will operate on a first come first served basis. When the skips are full we will let you know via twitter, so please check our feed before setting off.
- Acanthus Road SW11. Find on a map
- Larch Close SW12. Find on a map
- Church Lane Car Park, SW17. Find on a map
- Ingrave Street, SW11. Find on a map
- Highcliffe Drive/Sherfield Gardens, SW15. Find on a map
- West Hill Road. Find on a map
- Leader's Gardens/Festing Road, SW15. Find on a map
- Tildesley Road, SW15. Find on a map
What you can bring
We are limiting the number of items you can bring to no more than six items per household so that everyone has a chance to make use of the skips.
One bag of rubbish counts as one item, as does one sofa, one mattress etc.
Open to residents of the London Borough of Wandsworth only, bring ID e.g. a driving licence, passport or a utility bill.
We can only accept certain items:
YES please to,
· Household waste only: the skips are for household waste only – no business waste.
· Computers and IT equipment
· Furniture - e.g. mattresses, sofas, tables etc...
· Microwaves and small electrical appliances
· Batteries (but no car batteries)
· Black bags
NO thank you to,
· Hazardous objects or dangerous materials/chemicals: please do not bring anything hazardous in such as sharp objects, needles, dangerous chemicals, plasterboard, flammable liquids and asbestos.
· Car batteries
· Cement, rubble or hardcore
· Engine oil/cooking oil
· Fridges or other large electrical appliances
· Other waste services
Report fly-tips on the council website wandsworth.gov.uk/flytipping
To check collection days for waste and recycling days visit wandsworth.gov.uk/waste
If you miss Mega Skip days and want the council to collect your bulky items for a modest fee visit wandworth.gov.uk/specialcollections
Sign up to Freegle, something you may not want can be used by others
Freecycle is also a good place to ask for and dispose of items that can be reused.