Get help to quit smoking
Published: Friday, October 28, 2022
Wandsworth Council is reminding people to take the step to quit smoking this Stoptober.
Wandsworth Council's Stop Smoking Advisor, out and about with the council’s health bus to advise residents on quitting smoking.
The health bus is next out on the following dates, where you can also get the flu and COVID-19 boosters if eligible.
- Tuesday 1 November, 11am to 5pm, Henry Prince Estate, St. John's Drive, SW18 4UN
- Wednesday 2 November, 11am to 5pm, Asda Clapham Junction, 204 Lavender Hill, SW11 1JG
Whether you want to start breathing easier, feel the energy boost or even have a little more money to spend, there has never been a better time to stop smoking. Remember, it's never too late to join the thousands of people quitting smoking this October and throughout the year.
Wandsworth Council Stop Smoking Services
Check out Wandsworth Council’s Stop Smoking Service, which offers free help, advice and access to Nicotine Replacement Therapy (NRT) and other stop-smoking medications to all smokers who live or work in Wandsworth. Last year, the service supported over 400 residents to quit smoking. Could you be the next quitter?
Support to quit smoking is also provided in select pharmacies and GP surgeries across the borough.
There’s good reason to use this service.
You are four times more likely to stop smoking for good thanks to getting the right advice and products to use, along with regular support and information.
Many people try to quit smoking with willpower alone, but it is much easier to go smoke-free with the right help.
Seek help today and take advantage of the following free services for Wandsworth residents provided by the council:
- Tips on managing withdrawal symptoms
- Tips on coping with smoking triggers
- Regular carbon monoxide checks
- Help to resolve problems whilst trying to quit
- Accurate information on what to expect when trying to quit and how to deal with tricky situations
- Provide access to stop-smoking medications, including Nicotine Replacement Therapy (NRT)
- Guidance on what medication to use and how to get the most out of it.
Contact the Wandsworth Stop Smoking Team
- Freephone (24 hours): 0800 389 7921
- Email: StopSmokingteam@wandsworth.gov.uk