Apply for an estates resident permit

You can apply for a free parking permit if you live on an estate with a Traffic Management Order (TMO). You are able to apply for one permit per vehicle and up to four per household.


To apply for a residents permit you must own or have sole use of a roadworthy vehicle with current valid Vehicle Excise Licence (road tax) and the estate must be your usual place of residence.

You may be a:

  • Council tenant
  • Leaseholder
  • Freeholder
  • Tenant of the leaseholder or freeholder

Proof required

What proof documents you will need to provide:

  • Proof of residence
  • Proof of vehicle ownership


Complete the application form and return to your area team, or your Co-op/TMO, whichever is applicable. 

Further guidance about how to apply, who can apply and what proof you need can be found within the application form and guidance note document.


If you have any questions about parking on housing estates, use our online form to Make a parking enquiry.