Report a dangerous structure
A dangerous structure can be anything from a loose slate to a collapsing building.
Report a dangerous structure on 020 8871 7620. Out of normal working hours you should ring the Council’s emergency number 020 8871 7490.
Your call is confidential and we will not pass on your personal information to anyone else.
- The exact location
- A description of the problem
What will happen next
We will investigate all reports, and:
- Will assess the situation and see if our contractors remove the danger
- Can serve a dangerous structure notice that requires the owner to remove the danger
- If a structure is defective, but not immediately dangerous, we will contact the owner and give them a time limit to fix it
- If the building needs emergency work the owner will, where possible, hire a contractor
All of our costs are charged to the owner of the building. We will send an invoice which will include the total cost of the work carried out and a breakdown showing time spent and materials used.
We would recommend that owners contact their insurers as soon as possible once they are aware of a problem.