Disabled Persons Parking Bay

If you hold a Blue Badge you can apply for a Disabled Persons Parking Bay to be marked outside of your home.

The bay is not the property of the applicant, or for their exclusive use, and can be used by other Blue Badge holders.


You must hold a valid Blue Badge, keep a vehicle at your address and experience difficulties parking near your home.

Your vehicle registration document (V5C) must show that your vehicle is registered to your home address. If your vehicle is supplied by 'Motability' provide a copy of the Motability lease agreement. A disabled parking bay cannot be provided for the vehicle of someone who visits you.

We cannot approve a disabled bay on the highway if you have your own off street parking place or access to a parking space on housing estate land.

How to apply

To apply you must complete the Disabled Persons Parking Bay application form and return to us by post or email.

You should ensure that you:

  • Get your application form is signed and stamped by your doctor
  • Enclose copies of your vehicle registration document (V5C) or signed agreement from 'Motability'
  • Provide a photocopy of both sides of your Blue Badge

Removing a bay

If a Disabled Persons Parking Bay is no longer needed then you must let us know, as it is important that the space is made available for other vehicles.

What happens next

Once we receive the application, your details will be checked to confirm eligibility and we will undertake parking surveys in your road. If the surveys show that you regularly experience difficulty parking close to you property, then a bay will normally be provided. 


You will be notified of the outcome of your application within 28 days.


To apply or for other enquiries, email trafficandengineering@wandsworth.gov.uk.