Wandsworth Council uses a variety of performance indicators to monitor how well our services are performing in meeting the needs of service users and to measure their efficiency and value for money.
Throughout the year the Council's various Overview and Scrutiny Committees (OSCs) focus on a set of key indicators of performance, 'the toplines'. The toplines include a variety of indicators that relate to the delivery of the Council's priorities.
The toplines measure performance across a wide range of Council activity including: social services, education, housing, leisure services, libraries and street cleansing. There are also a number of indicators which relate to activity carried out by the Council with its partners, particularly the health service and the police.
Challenging targets are also set for each indicator. The Council has a policy of striving to ensure that the services we provide perform amongst the best in London, and our targets are set accordingly.
Download the latest indicator data
View results for all the topline indicators:
- Topline performance indicator results 2018/19 (PDF)
- Topline performance indicator results 2017/18 (PDF)
- Topline performance indicator results 2016/17 (PDF)
- Topline performance indicator results 2015/16 (PDF)
- Topline performance indicator results 2014/15 (PDF)
- Topline performance indicator results 2013/14 (PDF)
- Topline performance indicator results 2013/14 (XLS)
- Topline performance indicator results 2012/13 (XLS)
- Topline performance indicator results 2011/12 (XLS)
- Topline performance indicator results 2010/11 (XLS)
- Topline performance indicator results 2010/11 (CSV)
- Topline performance indicator results 2009/10 (PDF)
- Topline performance indicator results 2008/09 (PDF)
Each report also contains the previous two years' performance data. An overall performance assessment is provided using 'traffic light' colours. This provides readers with a quick indication of those areas where performance has met target, and is still improving, and vice versa.
Wandsworth is committed to being an Open Council and this includes its performance - where we can we provide details of how we perform against all other London Boroughs across a range of key services.
A residents' survey has been carried out in Wandsworth every two years since 2005. The aim of the survey is to assess residents' perceptions and experiences so as to inform council policy and strategies. The results of the surveys can be accessed using the links below.
- Residents' survey results 2017
- Residents' survey results 2015
- Residents' survey results 2013
- Residents' survey results 2011
- Residents' survey results 2009
- Residents' survey results 2007
- Residents' survey results 2005
Research reports provide a simple account of all results gathered in the residents' survey.
- Research reports 2017
- Research reports 2015
- Research reports 2013
- Research reports 2011
- Research reports 2009
If you have any queries on these topline indicators please contact the Policy Team.