Book a ceremony
COVID-19: Further to Government announcements on the easing of lockdown restrictions, some services have now resumed on limited basis. Please go to the individual service webpage for further details.
Admission to the office is by appointment only. Customers without an appointment will not be admitted and should not travel to the office. Please contact us via email or telephone.
The Government has announced that small marriage and civil partnership ceremonies, involving close friends and family, may resume from 4 July.
How ceremonies will take place:
- A maximum of 15 people may attend a marriage or civil partnership ceremony. This includes the couple, witnesses, guests and children. It does not include the registrars, venue staff, or professional photographer. Photographer attendance is limited to one per ceremony.
- Capacity limits may be lower, depending on the room, to allow for social distancing in line with building risk assessments. Check room capacities.
- Ceremony fees are set according to the venue/room chosen and will not be reduced based on a lesser number of attendees.
- Social distancing rules on gatherings apply to ceremonies and must be adhered to in respect of who you invite to attend your ceremony.
- Approved venues must submit a risk assessment to the Register Office. Registrars will only attend a venue once satisfied that it is COVID-secure and operating in line with Government guidance.
- A short and simple ceremony will be carried out to minimise prolonged exposure and risk. Couples may not be able to include all of the enhancements they had planned, including readings and separate entrances.
- Admission to Wandsworth Town Hall will be by guest list only. Couples must confirm the names of all attendees at least 3 working days before the ceremony. Unnamed guests will not be permitted to enter the building or outside areas.
- Couples and their guests will need to arrive 10 minutes before their ceremony, but no earlier. The number of people in the building at any one time is being carefully managed. Guests arriving too early may be asked to remain outside until they can be safely accommodated. Late arrival will result in non-admission and this will be non-negotiable.
For ceremonies at the Town Hall, the booking includes the registrar's attendance and use of the room for the duration of the ceremony. We have a choice of five rooms of differing sizes and styles. The venue description for your notice of marriage or civil partnership should read The Town Hall, Wandsworth High Street, London.
For ceremonies at approved venues, the booking includes the registrar's attendance only. The venue will need to be booked separately and hire costs will apply.
After you have booked
Your marriage or civil partnership ceremony booking is provisional until such time as you have given your notices and completed the legal preliminaries.
If you have booked The Mayor’s Parlour or The Grand Chamber online you should await confirmation from us that the room is available on your chosen day, before finalising your arrangements. We will confirm within two working days of your online booking.
- A non-refundable booking fee of £50 is required at the time of booking. This will be redeemed against the certificate fee.
- Any outstanding balance is due no later than 2 months before the ceremony. If your booking is within 2 months the full fee is payable at the time of booking.
- Any changes to your booking will incur an administrative fee.
- The Register Office reserves the right to cancel a ceremony if payment has not been received.
Fees valid from 1 April 2020 to 31 March 2021. Fees increase on 1 April each year.
|The Elizabeth Room||10 (reduced to 4 during COVID recovery)||Monday £50
Tuesday to Friday £100
|The Victoria Room||25 (reduced to 15 during COVID recovery)||£160||£185||n/a|
|The Alexandra Room||45 (reduced to 15 during COVID recovery)||£195||£245||n/a|
|The Grand Chamber||100 (reduced to 15 during COVID recovery)||£360||£475||£540|
|The Mayor's Parlour||10 (reduced to 6 during COVID recovery)||n/a||£395||£500|
You may purchase as many certificates as you wish. It is usually possible to issue one certificate on the day of the ceremony. Additional certificates can be collected from our office or posted to you for a small fee.
- £11 per certificate (statutory fee)
- £2 postage fee for extra certificates (sent 1st Class – Signed For)