Admission to the office is by appointment only. Customers without an appointment will not be admitted and should not travel to the office. Please contact us via email or telephone.
A civil marriage is a secular (non-religious) ceremony that is conducted and registered by a Registrar.
The ceremony cannot have any religious content, but individual touches can be added such as non-religious music and readings.
We make a commitment to ensure that we will do all we can to make your special day a happy and memorable occasion.
You are able to get married in buildings that have been officially registered for marriages. In Wandsworth, these are:
- The Register Office. Wandsworth Register Office has five ceremony rooms within the Town Hall which you can be married in. These are the Elizabeth Room, the Victoria Room, the Alexandra Room, the Mayor's Parlour and the Grand Chamber.
- Approved venues such as a hotel, an art centre and a sporting venue.
- Places of religious worship in the district where one of you live.
- Places of religious worship outside the district in which you live, but which one of you uses as your usual place of worship.
Further to the Government announcement on Monday 22 February 2021 ceremonies in the Town Hall will recommence from 29 March, limited to six people. All other restrictions will be lifted at later dates as advised by the government. For further details, please visit GOV.UK.
Where exceptional circumstances apply, for example, an urgent marriage or civil partnership where one party is seriously ill and not expected to recover, or is to undergo debilitating treatment or life-changing surgery, it may be possible to arrange a ceremony prior to 29 March for a maximum of six attendees including the couple.
New ceremonies can be booked online.
We are currently working to contact all ceremonies that have been affected by the pandemic. If you wish to reschedule an existing booking or discuss your ceremony, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will aim to respond within two working days.
Booking a ceremony at Wandsworth Town Hall or an approved venue
You need to check the availability of the Registrars to attend a ceremony. Your marriage or civil partnership ceremony booking is provisional until such time as you have given your notices and completed the legal preliminaries.
- A non-refundable booking fee of £50 is required at the time of booking. This will be redeemed against the ceremony and certificate fee.
- Any outstanding balance is due no later than 2 months before the ceremony. If your booking is within 2 months the full fee is payable at the time of booking.
- Any changes to your booking will incur an administrative fee.
- The Register Office reserves the right to cancel a ceremony if payment has not been received.
Read the full terms and conditions.
If you choose an approved venue you will also need to make a booking at the venue.