Your business and Brexit
The UK has left the EU. The new rules on trade, travel and business have taken effect as of 1 January 2021.
You need to make sure you are aware what is changing in your industry.
The Government has published advice on what businesses should do now the UK has left the EU. It has also produced an employer’s toolkit which equips employers with the right tools and information to support EU citizens and their families to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme.
For further information and guidance please see:
- Government advice: for businesses and individual citizens
- British Chambers of Commerce
- Federation of Small Businesses
- Citizens Advice Wandsworth
- National Council for Voluntary Organisations
- London Chamber of Commerce and Industry
- Confederation of British Industry
- Institute of Directors
- Food Standards Agency
- Brexit Resource Hub
- Brexit Help - Free EU transition programme
The Government has published specific guidance on how public procurement will change following the UK’s withdrawal from the EU.
Exporting and importing
- View guidance for UK businesses offering services from 1 January 2021
- How to import goods from the EU to Great Britain from 1 January 2021
- How to export goods from Great Britain to the EU from1 January 2021
The government intends to introduce a new skills-based immigration system, and has published its proposals for how this would operate in its Immigration White Paper.
In the event of a no-deal, the Government have announced plans to introduce a new European Temporary Leave to Remain which will cover the period between the UK leaving the EU, and the new skills based immigration system being in place.
The Government has published a guidance on the ongoing recognition of European Economic Area (EEA) professional qualifications.
GDPR and personal data
There are potential impacts on international transfers of personal data, or for data hosted in the EEA. The ICO provides guidance on its website. Transfers of data to the EEA will continue to be permitted.
Rights of EU citizens in the UK
Read the information and guidance regarding the rights of EU Citizens in the UK.