Housing performance and statistics
The Housing and Regeneration Department, in line with all Council departments, monitors its performance in key areas to ensure its services are delivered to a standard acceptable to our residents and to meet any legal requirements.
Housing topline indicators
At the highest level there are the topline indicators which are reported to the Housing and Regeneration Overview and Scrutiny Committee (HROSC). The toplines relate to the delivery of the council's priorities. The performance measures are reviewed at least annually and are used to identify areas for service improvement.
View the performance indicators (toplines) for the department. An overall performance assessment is provided using 'traffic light' colours. This provides readers with a quick indication of those areas where performance has met or exceeded target or requires to improve.
As an Open Council, performance is compared with other London councils where possible to ensure that the service we provide is amongst the best in London.
Each year Housing publishes an annual report to residents which includes a summary of the previous year's activity and performance information based on the regulatory and service standards. The service areas included in this report are subject to an annual review by a resident focus group. The report is published in the September issue of Homelife.
- Annual Report 2017/18
- Annual Report 2016/17
- Annual Report 2015/16
- Annual Report 2014/15
- Annual Report 2013/14
Area Housing Panel Performance Reports
A range of comparative information is provided to Area Housing Panels (AHPs) on a quarterly basis and a further annual performance report is produced. These provide an opportunity for residents to scrutinise the Council's performance in delivering housing services.
- Annual Area Housing Panel performance report 2017/18
- Annual Area Housing Panel performance report 2016/17
- Annual Area Housing Panel performance report 2015/16
- Area Housing Panel performance information: September 2018
- Area Housing Panel performance information: July 2018
- Area Housing Panel performance information: February 2018
- Area Housing Panel performance information: December 2017
- Area Housing Panel performance information: September 2017
- Area Panel performance information: July 2017
- Area Housing Panel performance information: March 2017
- Area Housing Panel performance information: December 2016
- Area Housing Panel performance information: September 2016
- Area Panel performance information: June 2016
- Area Panel performance information: March 2016
- Area Panel performance information: December 2015
- Area Panel performance information: September 2015
- Area Panel performance information: March 2015
Government statistics and standards
In addition to local performance indicators we also submit information to central government to compare performance against other local authorities. This can be viewed on the Department of Communities and Local Government website at Local Authority Housing Statistics and Homelessness Statutory Statistics.
The Regulatory Framework for Social Housing in England (from April 2015) sets out the regulatory standards for registered providers of housing; these place emphasis on the relationship between landlords and their residents at a local level. There are two types of standards: consumer and economic. Consumer standards apply to all registered providers, including local authorities. Economic standards apply only to private registered providers; these include organisations previously known as housing associations (HAs) or registered social landlords (RSLs).
The regulatory standards aim to put residents at the heart of shaping, influencing and monitoring the services they receive. The Homes and Communities Agency (HCA) expects residents and landlords to work closely together to set local service standards. The Council's local housing service standards were reviewed and streamlined in 2013 in consultation with Council residents. They are also linked to the HCA Standards.
Our performance against these standards is set out in the Annual Report to residents, published in the September issue of Homelife. Further detailed performance information is also produced in the Annual Quality Performance Review and Service Scorecards.
Housing statistics (FAQs)
The documents below show the property data for Wandsworth from 2014 to 2016. They cover the answers to some of our most frequently asked questions about council managed properties in the borough.