Standard bulky item collection
The bulky waste collection service is for items that are only suitable for disposal.
Before making a booking, note that:
- This service is for residential properties only
- Your bulky items will be collected from the same location we collect your rubbish and recycling
- If you live in a block of flats, collections take place on the same day as the standard waste and recycling collections for households on your street
What we can collect
We can collect household waste items that will not fit your bin, such as:
- Free standing electrical goods
- Garden waste (over five bags in a single collection)
- Household waste items (that can be safely lifted by two people)
- Sofa beds (need to be dismantled)
- Up to three refuse sacks will be charged as one bulky item.
What we cannot collect
Anything that cannot be lifted safely by two people. If you need such items collected, break them down into pieces that can be safely lifted.
Household hazardous waste
The City of London operates a Household Hazardous Waste Collection and Disposal Service on our behalf.
To arrange a collection, please contact them on 020 7332 3433.
Also, view how to dispose of:
The standard charge for bulky waste covers a single collection of up to four items. There are extra charges for additional items.
- Minimum charge (up to four items): £19.70
- Each additional item: £8.80. Up to three refuse sacks will be charged as one bulky item
For residential landlords
- Minimum charge (one to four items): £84
- Between five and eight items £167.50
Smugglers Way Household Waste and Recycling Centre
Small quantities from domestic waste can be taken to Smugglers Way Household Waste and Recycling Centre.
If you have larger amounts you should employ a registered waste collection company or hire a skip.
Please note that skips need to be licensed and that we reserve the right for collection staff to refuse to collect items on inspection if they believe they present a significant risk to health and safety or harm to the environment.