How to leave your rubbish and recycling out
Due to an increase in recycling and some delays in sack deliveries, there have been some changes to how you can leave your recycling for collection.
- Make sure your rubbish and recycling is available for collection by 6.30am on your collection day
- Put waste out correctly to reduce the risk of missed bin collections
- All rubbish in dustbins must also be contained in refuse sacks
- All refuse and recycling sacks must be tied and unsplit
- We cannot collect from wheelie bins
- We do not supply dustbins or rubbish sacks but you can order more recycling sacks
Where to place your rubbish and recycling for collection
The type of accommodation you live in determines where you should leave your rubbish or recycling for collection.
If you have a front garden or driveway
Present any sacks/dustbins for collection in your front garden or driveway and close to the entrance from the street. We recommend you use dustbins with clip-on lids for general rubbish to keep it secure from scavenging animals.
Please note that:
- We do not collect from back gardens, back/side alleys or landings
- Placing dustbins or waste sacks on the public pavement can result in a fine of up to £2,500
If you are unable to present it to the front of your property, contact us.
If your door opens directly onto the street
- Place sacks on the pavement by the entrance to your home, but not before 6.30pm on the day before your collection is due.
- If litter escapes from your sacks awaiting collection, clear it up promptly.
- Make sure your waste sacks do not cause a pavement obstruction.
- If your waste sacks are not collected by 8pm on collection day, take them back inside or report a missed collection.
Failure to follow these instructions may result in a Fixed Penalty Notice being issued or prosecution.