How to leave your rubbish and recycling out
- Put your rubbish and recycling out for collection by 6.30am on your collection day
- If you are unable to move rubbish to the front of your property, contact us
- Put waste out correctly to reduce the risk of missed bin collections
- Your dustbin should be in good condition - we cannot empty your bin if handles are broken/missing
- We cannot collect from wheelie bins
- We do not supply dustbins or rubbish sacks but you can order more recycling sacks
Where to place your rubbish for collection
The type of accommodation you live in determines where you should leave your rubbish or recycling for collection.
If you have a front garden or driveway
Put waste for collection in your front garden or driveway. We recommend you use dustbins with clip-on lids for general rubbish to keep it secure from scavenging animals. Any rubbish or clear recycling sacks must be tied.
Do not put dustbins or sacks for collection:
- In your back garden, back/side alleys or landings
- On the public pavement - you could be fined up to £2,500
If your door opens directly onto the street
- Place sacks on the pavement by the entrance to your home, but not before 6.30pm on the day before your collection day.
- If litter escapes from your sacks awaiting collection, clear it up promptly.
- Make sure your waste sacks do not cause a pavement obstruction.
- If your waste sacks are not collected by 8pm on collection day, take them back inside or report a missed collection.