Report antisocial behaviour on a council estate

You can report various issues on a council estate:

Worried about reporting 

Some residents are worried about making a complaint or reporting an incident for fear of reprisal from those involved. When you report an incident we offer support and keep your details strictly confidential. You can also report ASB anonymously.

Your identity will only be released with your explicit consent and only when required for legal proceedings in court.

Loud noise from a neighbouring property

If you want to report noise nuisance in a council property that is happening now please contact WEC on 020 8871 7490. An officer will attend, monitor the level of noise and report this back to your area housing team. If you want to discuss an ongoing noise nuisance please contact your area team.

We can deal with persistent and unreasonable noise such as barking dogs, DIY, loud music and TVs. There are a number actions we can take to try to resolve noise including:

  • Warning letters
  • Mediation
  • Noise abatement notices
  • Seeking possession
  • Injunctions

Abandoned vehicle

If you suspect a vehicle on a housing estate is abandoned contact your area housing team.


The council provides a free graffiti removal service which operates 24 hours a day, seven days a week. You can report graffiti in the following ways:

We aim to remove offensive, racist or obscene graffiti within 24 hours and non-obscene graffiti such as tags within 3 days.


If you want to report fly-tipping on a council housing estate please contact estate services at

If you see someone dumping rubbish on a housing estate, without putting yourself or others at risk:

  • Note the time, date, location, vehicle registration number and descriptions of the people involved
  • Take photographs if possible
  • Contact estate services to report it

If you want to report fly-tipping on open land anywhere else in the borough please see the street care and cleaning section of the council’s website.

Dogs causing a nuisance

The Housing Dog Byelaws leaflet provides information on which estates are covered by dog byelaws and what these byelaws are. To report dog control issues email

For more information please see our dog control pages.

Concern about illegal activity

If you want to report a crime either that has happened or is taking place now you need to contact the Police in the first instance:

  • Police emergency: 999
  • Call 101 or go to The Met Police to report non-emergency crimes.
  • Call Crimestoppers at 0800 555 111 to report anonymously.

After contacting the Police you can also report your concerns to your area housing team. If you are a victim of a crime we may be able to assist you, for example, moving you to a safer location. The council will also consider tenancy enforcement action where a tenant, member of the household or visitor to the property has committed a crime.

Related documents