Request a repair

Telephone issues

Joint Control Centre  - 3 June 2022

Please be aware that we are currently experiencing telephone issues which are resulting in delays in getting calls through to us.  The problem has been reported and we hope that the issue will be resolved soon.

Please bear with us during this difficult period.  Your patience and cooperation are appreciated.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

This page contains repairs information for Council tenants and leaseholders.

Emergency repairs

For emergency repairs in normal working hours contact your area housing team.

For emergency out of hours repairs contact Wandsworth Emergency Control (WEC) on 020 8871 7490.

Door entry and lift breakdowns

Door entry and lift repairs are handled by our Support Services section. To report a repair contact:

  • Door entry defects: 020 8871 6875
  • Lift breakdowns: 020 8871 7490 (24 hours a day)

Or email:

Heating and hot water repairs

You should report problems with your heating and hot water to the maintenance contractor.

If you live in a Wandsworth Council block with a centralised heating and hot water system and pay heating and hot water charges, defects should be reported to the contractor Smith & Byford.

If you are a Wandsworth Council  tenant  and have a  heating system with a boiler in your property and live in Battersea, Wandsworth or Earlsfield, heating and hot water defects should be reported to the contractor PH Jones.

If you are a Wandsworth Council  tenant and have a heating system with a boiler in your property and live in Putney, Roehampton or Tooting, heating and hot water defects should be reported to the contractor T. Brown.

Communal lighting

Lighting issues are checked by our cleaners in the first instance. They will change any light bulbs required, or report subsequent repairs needed to light fittings. Please telephone 0208 871 7445/7446 or 8561 or email the details, such as the location of the light not working, floor level and/or nearest flat and address of the block to

Communal aerials 

To report a problem: 

Non-urgent repairs 

If you are a leaseholder you can only request repairs to communal areas. If you live in a property managed by a Co-op/Resident Management Organisation you will need to contact your managing agent.

If you are a council tenant you are responsible for some repairs within your home, find out what the council is responsible for.

Start request

Report and track a repair

In addition to reporting and tracking a repair online, you can also view your rent account and make payments by registering for online housing services.